Healthy Living Without Smoking As a Long Term Health Investment – Are you currently a heavy smoker? Maybe some of you have often read or heard about the dangers of smoking for health.
Even so, getting rid of cigarettes is not an easy thing. But it is not impossible that you can get away from smoking.
Because by doing some habits in everyday life, you can slowly escape from the smoking habit.
For this reason, if you want to get rid of the smoking habit, you should start strengthening your intentions from now on and doing positive things and living a healthy lifestyle so that you can eliminate the desire to smoke.
How To Avoid The Influence Of Smoking
For those of you who want to get rid of the smok habit, you must be able to protect yourself so that you are not easily influenced by smoking.
Even though this is difficult, you can do several ways to avoid the effects of smoking, including the following:
- Avoid hanging out with friends or people who are smok as this is usually a big temptation for you to join.
- Instill in yourself with full confidence that smok is not the only good means of association. There are other activities that you can do when hanging out with other people, of course filled with more positive activities.
- Do not be ashamed to say that you are not a smoker.
- Expand information about the dangers of smok so that your own fear will emerge from yourself to smoke.
- Avoid things related to cigarettes such as advertisements, free cigarettes, sponsorships, and others.
- Do other positive things that are more useful, such as reading books, doing sports, doing hobbies, and so on.
The Use Of Maintaining A Healthy Body For A Better Life
If you still find it difficult and hesitant to quit, you should know that there will be many benefits that you can get when you quit smoking successfully.
Surely these benefits are not only good for health but also for your life. The following will explain the benefits of quitting smoking that you need to know.
- In the first 20 minutes of blood pressure, pulse and peripheral blood flow will improve.
- After 12 hours of quitting smoking, almost all of the nicotine in the body that is in the metabolism and CO levels in the blood will return to normal.
- 1-2 days after quitting smok will make nicotine in the body eliminated, the function of the sense of smell and taste will improve again. In addition, the cardiovascular system will also improve.
- 5 days of quitting smoking will make the nicotine metabolites in the body disappear so that the cardiovascular system improves, the sense of smell and taste can also function properly.
- 2-6 weeks of quitting smok makes the airways and lungs return to function properly.
- 1 year of quitting smoking keeps you from the risk of coronary heart disease.
- 10 years of quitting smoking will reduce the risk of lung cancer by half.
- Your skin will come back bright and not pale.
- The oxygen level in the blood will return to normal.
That is an explanation of the benefits of quitting smoking that you need to know. Thus now you don’t need to hesitate to try to quit smoking from now on by adopting healthy living habits and avoiding things related.